Reduced Sugar Classic Pumpkin Pie
This is your traditional pumpkin pie recipe without all the unnecessary added sugar. Whether you're looking to show up at your family or friends' Thanksgiving feast with a show-stopping treat, or you just want a sweet classic to enjoy at home, this is the perfect mixture of sweet pumpkin and fall spices. Enjoy with your sweet loved ones!
Sugar-Free Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener
- 10 tablespoons butter (very cold)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 15ozs pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 12ozs evaporated milk
- Optional: sugar-free whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Make Pie Crust:
Optional Sugar-Free Pie Crust. If using store-bought pie crust, skip this section:
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed. Once mixed, chop in your very cold butter using a box grater, a pastry cutter, or a fork. You’ll want a crumbly consistency.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, combine sour cream evenly into the mixture.
- Use hands to combine and create a dough-like texture, form into a dough ball (quickly and firmly to avoid butter melting). If the dough is too dry, add a few tablespoons of sour cream.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and begin to roll out dough using a rolling pin.
- Begin to press the crust into your baking dish, leaving any extra dough hanging over the sides.
- Cover the pie dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before using.
Prepare Pie Filling:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine pumpkin puree, Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener, eggs, milk, and spices. Mix until well combined.
Make Your Pie:
- Transfer filling into your prepared pie crust and then place into oven and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F. Then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Once cool, slice the pie, serve and enjoy! Optional: add sugar-free whipped cream for serving.