Sparkling Rainbow Sherbet
Taste the rainbow with this bright refreshing treat!
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 ¾ cups Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (about 1 orange)
- Orange food coloring
- ½ cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- Green food coloring
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 1 ½ cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Optional: Champagne or prosecco
- Blend raspberries and 2 tablespoons of Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener in a high-speed blender until smooth, then using a fine-mesh sieve press raspberry juice into a small bowl.
- Heat cream, milk, and remaining Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sweetener is dissolved about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Pour sherbet base into an 8x10 inch square baking pan.
- Place the pan into the freezer for 90 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, scraping the sides of the pan and breaking up any frozen chunks. Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions, place each portion into medium-sized bowls for each of the flavors. Place two bowls back in the freezer as you prepare your first flavor (so they don't melt!) Set the pan aside, you will need it later.
- Combine orange juice, orange zest, and a drop of orange food coloring to your bowl, mix well and then place back in the freezer to chill.
- Remove one of the sherbert base portions from the freezer, combine lime juice, lime zest, and a drop of green food coloring to the bowl, mix well and place back in freezer.
- Remove the final sherbet base from the freezer, combine the raspberry mixture to the base and mix well.
- Remove all the bowls from the freezer and take turns spooning each flavor into your original baking pan, mixing them slightly together, then transfer to the freezer for 4 hours or until hardened. Serve immediately in bowls and Enjoy!
- Optional: for an adult twist scoop a serving into a glass and pour your favorite sparkling champagne or prosecco over the sherbet for a fun drink!