Strawberry Cupcakes | Keto Friendly
Sweet strawberries and delectable mini cakes are a perfect go-to for any occasion, event, or party. The combination of fresh fruit, warming vanilla, and pure sweet taste of our Baking and Confectioners Sweeteners allows this cupcake recipe to tick all the boxes. Let’s spring into the spring, floral, and fresh season right with a pale pink cupcake that is cute enough to eat! We love this recipe berry much! How about you?
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time 15m | Cook Time 10m | Total Time 35m | Serves 12
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxmeal
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberry Filling Ingredients:
- ½ cup fresh strawberries (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
Strawberry Buttercream Ingredients:
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- ¼ cup strawberry jam or preserves
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the liners to a cupcake pan.
- Mix the almond flour, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, flax meal, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the center, then add the eggs, olive oil, and vanilla extract. Stir together just until combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full of batter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, and they are slightly golden on the edges. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- For the strawberry filling, toss together the chopped strawberries and sugar. Set aside in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the buttercream by beating the softened butter until smooth (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener. Beat on low speed until combined (about 2 minutes).
- Add the strawberry jam, then beat on medium speed for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the buttercream is light and fluffy. (Adjust to preference by adding more Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener if frosting is too thin, and a little milk if too thick.)
- Fold in the vanilla extract. Transfer frosting to a piping bag then set aside until ready to use.
- Using a cupcake corer (or small knife), remove the center of each cupcake, so you have about ½" deep for the filling.
- Using a slotted spoon (to keep from picking up any excess liquids), add a generous dollop of the strawberry filling to the center of each cupcake.
- Frost the cupcakes, then garnish each with a halved fresh strawberry.
- Serve and enjoy!