Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups sugar free graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Four 8-oz blocks of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- Optional: berries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and Purecane™ Brown Sweetener in a bowl. Add the butter until the mixture is a sand-like consistency.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9-10” springform pan. Press down with your hands to create an even layer on the bottom and sides of the pan.
- To make the filling, use a stand mixer (or a hand mixer) to beat the room temperature cream cheese together with the Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener. Mix until it’s a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
- On a medium to low speed, mix in the eggs, one at a time, until just combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan, on top of the graham cracker crust. Place the springform pan on top of a baking sheet before inserting into the oven to prevent any spilling or leaking.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, until the cheesecake has set and turned a light golden shade. If it seems to be browning too fast, you can gently cover with aluminum foil. The finished texture should be slightly jiggly in the middle if you shake the pan.
- Cool your cheesecake completely at room temperature, then transfer to your refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Optional: Top with berries before serving.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.