- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener (+ extra for dusting)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lemon Custard Ingredients:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 7 large eggs, room temperature
- 5-6 lemons, juiced (enough to get one full cup of juice)
- Zest of lemons for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry crust ingredients (flour, Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, and salt). Add in the wet ingredients (room temp butter and vanilla extract) and mix until combined.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan. Use a butter knife of a spatula to create an even layer.
- Bake the crust for 17-20 minutes to brown. Set aside to cool.
- While the crust is browning, make your lemon custard by mixing together the dry ingredients in a bowl (Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener, flour, and salt). Next, mix the eggs and lemon juice until just combined.
- Add your custard on top of your cooled crust. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Allow your lemon bars to cool and set completely before garnishing.
- Garnish with a light dusting of Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener and some lemon zest.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.