Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- ⅔ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ¼ cup milk
- Optional: Purecane Confectioners Sweetener for garnish
Cinnamon filling Ingredients:
- ¾ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the crumb topping: Mix together all the dry topping ingredients in a bowl (Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, flour, and cinnamon). Add the ½ cup unsalted butter to the bowl and mix with a fork. The mixture should be a crumble consistency. Set aside.
- Make the cinnamon filling: Mix together all the dry topping ingredients in a bowl (Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, flour, and cinnamon). Set aside.
- Make the cake: Mix together all the dry cake ingredients (Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, flour, baking powder and salt).
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer), add in room temperature butter and mix until it’s a sand-like crumbly consistency.
- Mix in the wet ingredients (sour cream, eggs, milk and vanilla extract) until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour half of your cake batter into your 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle your cinnamon filling on top of the cake batter.
- Pour the remaining cake batter on top of the cinnamon filling.
- Layer your crumb topping on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean when it’s done.
- Allow to cool before serving. Optional: Top with a sprinkle of Purecane Confectioners Sweetener.
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.