Vegan Baked Apples
- 4 honey-crisp apples (sliced in half and cored)
Vegan Maple Butter Drizzle Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or Purecane Sugar-Free Syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Vegan Oatmeal Crumble Ingredients:
- ¼ cup vegan butter (melted)
- ¼ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (or gluten free all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the Oven to 375°F.
Make Your Baked Apples:
- Begin to prepare your apples by slicing your apples in half, from the stem to the bottom. Use a spoon to scoop the core out and remove the stem. Place the apples into a baking greased casserole dish and set aside.
- Combine your maple butter drizzle ingredients, and then set aside.
- Prepare the vegan oatmeal crumble by mixing the melted vegan butter, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, oats, flour, vanilla, and cinnamon together. Spoon the crumble into the center of each apple, then drizzle your crumble apples with your maple butter drizzle and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the apples have begun to get soft. Remove the foil and continue to bake the apples for another 10-15 minutes. You will know they are done when the apples are soft, and the crumble is golden brown. Serve the vegan baked apples warm alone or with a scoop of your favorite ice cream!
Did you like this scrumptious fruit inspired recipe? Check out some of our other fruit-inspired recipes using our all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
A touch of tang and a kick of zang, these sweet breakfast treats are here to serve: Rhubarb Crumble Bars
A mixture of berry and sweet with topping of vanilla ice cream: Triple Berry Cheesecake
Scrumptious naturally sweet scones for any occasion!: Lemon Blueberry Scones