Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
This classic breakfast recipe is sweet and simple! This family fan-favorite is typically coated with a whole lot of sugar, but we’ve made it sugar-free using Purecane zero-calorie sugar substitutes. Plus cleanup is made quick and easy with this delicious recipe by using your Air Fryer! You only need 30 minutes and a few simple ingredients, and you'll have a show-stopper recipe the kids won't get enough of! Did we mention this recipe can be made dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free? Life begins after breakfast.
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 8 servings
French Toast Sticks:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk (can use milk of choice)
- ½ cup non dairy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf of vegan or gluten free bread (can use bread of choice)
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (can use regular butter)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk (can use milk of choice)
- ½ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, for dusting
- Prepare the custard in a large mixing bowl by mixing the milk, yogurt, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Slice each slice of bread into thirds. In 2-3 batches (depending on the size of your air fryer), dip the breadsticks into the french toast custard and place it directly into an air fryer. I like to spray the bottom of my air fryer lightly with olive oil spray to keep the sticks from sticking to the bottom.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400°F for 7 minutes. Use tongs to flip the french toast dippers over and continue to cook for another 3 or 4 minutes (until they are golden browned and crisp).
- You can also bake the french toast sticks in an oven—Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If using aluminum foil, spray it with non-stick spray to ensure the french toast dippers don't stick. Place the french toast sticks onto the sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and return to the oven for another 2 to 3 minutes or until they are crisp and golden.
- While the french toast sticks are cooking, melt the vegan butter in a small bowl. In a separate, wide, and shallow bowl, add Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- When the french toast sticks are done baking, use a pastry brush to brush them lightly with the melted vegan butter. Then, immediately toss them in the cinnamon sugar. Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, berries, or any of your favorite french toast toppings. Our Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener makes for a great sweet addition!