Frozen Key Lime Delight
‘Tis the season for frozen desserts! This easy-to-make treat gives all the satisfaction of key lime pie, but in a light and airy, frozen version that’s a perfect way to beat the heat. Plus this 2-in-1 recipe will show you how to make your own at-home sweetened condensed milk, and using Purecane™ Zero-Calorie Confectioners Sweetener will help to drastically reduce the carbs, calories and blood sugar spikes.
By Jayne of @nosugarbaker
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 6 hours 50 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
Purecane-Sweetened Condensed Milk:
- 1 cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 24 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener
- 2 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 ½ cups Purecane-sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Key Lime juice
- Make your Purecane-sweetened condensed milk by combining all ingredients into a pot and bringing to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring continuously during that time.
- Remove the condensed milk from heat and allow it to cool slightly before moving to a refrigerator-safe container. Refrigerate overnight.
- Using a food processor, combine all of the crust ingredients until coarse, sand-like crumbs form. Reserve about ½ cup of the crumbs for an optional crunchy topping.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with wax paper and pat the crumb mixture into the pan (minus the ½ cup reserved for topping).
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- While the crust is cooling, using an electric mixer, whip together all the filling ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Pour the filling onto the cooled crust, and place the entire dessert in the freezer, covered, for at least 6 hours.
- If you prefer, you can add an extra crunchy topping by using the reserved crumbs from step three. Bake on a baking sheet at 350°F for 5 minutes, allow to cool slightly, and then lightly sprinkle on top of the dessert!
- When ready to serve and eat, let dessert thaw slightly on the counter for about 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!