Peppermint Brownie Cookie Sandwiches
- 7 oz milk or semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 candy canes (about ⅓ cup, crushed)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
Optional: 2 tablespoons crushed candy canes, or peppermint candy
Make Your Cookie Dough:
- In a double boiler, melt the 7 ounces of chocolate, then stir in the butter. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, and vanilla until creamy (about 1 minute). Add the melted chocolate, then stir to combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture, then stir until well-combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes into the cookie dough.
- Using 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons dough per cookie, bake for 8 to 9 minutes, the top will look barely set.
- Let cool on the baking pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before sandwiching.
Prepare Your Frosting:
- To make the frosting, simply beat the butter until smooth with the paddle attachment on a stand mixer. Add the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener to beat until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Fold in the vanilla extract and (optional: crushed peppermint). Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of milk, if the buttercream filling is too thick.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag to make the cookie sandwiches.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and garnish with crushed peppermint.
- Serve and enjoy!