A sugar-free take on the classic snowball cookie, also known as Russian Tea Cookies or Mexican Wedding Cookies. These perfectly crumbly cookies with just the right amount of crunch combined with your choice of pecans or walnuts! These delightfully delicate cookies are coated with our zero-calorie Confectioners Sweetener and powdered to perfection!
By Kerstin of @Baby.space.alien
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 36-48 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups sifted all-purpose flour (or flour of choice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (or nut of choice)
- Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener (to coat baked cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener. Using an electric mixer, cream together until light and fluffy, then stir in vanilla with a spatula.
- Next, gradually whisk in the flour and salt to combine; then stir in the chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Optional: chill dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes if the dough seems soft.
- When ready to bake, first form dough into 1’ balls, making about 36 to 48 small dough balls, and then place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake dough balls for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before rolling cookies in Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener.
- Once cookies are evenly coated, place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Serve with cold milk of choice or hot tea, and enjoy!