- 6 large Egg yolks
- ⅓ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk or oat milk (can use dairy milk)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Use a fork or hand mixer to beat together the yolks and Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine the milk, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Gently heat the mixture on low-medium for a few minutes. Do not scald or boil the milk. Remove from heat.
- Slowly pour the warm milk mixture into the bowl with the egg yolk mixture a little at a time, whisking constantly while you pour in the milk.
- Once well combined, pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat over low-medium heat, still whisking constantly until the mixture thickens just slightly. Again, don't let the mixture boil.
- Pour the sugar-free eggnog into a pitcher, and refrigerate for about 2 hours, or, if preparing a few days in advance, until you're ready to serve.
- Optional: Stir in rum or bourbon before serving.
- Optional: Serve with a little sprinkle of cinnamon on top and/or sugar-free whipped cream.