Vegan Apple Fritters
· ½ cup vegan butter, melted (can use regular butter)
· ¾ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk (can use milk of choice)
· 3 tablespoons Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· ¼ teaspoon sea salt
· 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten free all-purpose flour)
· 1 cup apples, freshly grated
· Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, for dusting
· Vegan butter for frying
- Begin by making the vegan apple fritter batter. Mix the melted butter, milk of choice, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder together. Then, use a fork to mix in the regular or gluten-free all-purpose flour until a thick batter forms.
- Peel and grate an apple until you have about 1 cup of grated apple. Fold the grated apple into the vegan apple fritter batter.
- Bring a skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter to medium low heat. Once the butter is sizzling, use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop one tablespoon of dough, per fritter, into the skillet. Be careful not to make your fritters too large, or they won't cook all the way through. Fill the skillet with the fritters and fry until golden (about 3 minutes). Flip and continue until golden on all sides.
- Once the fritters are golden on both/each side, remove them from the skillet and rest on a paper towel or parchment-lined plate. Repeat until all of the vegan apple fritter dough is fried.
- Dust with Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener and enjoy warm.