Vegan Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
These vegan blender baked oats are as easy to make as they are healthy, filling, and delicious! Filled with wholesome ingredients like oats, berries, and flaxseed meal - this is a vegan and gluten free breakfast that will curb your sweet tooth and keep you feeling full!
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
· 1 cup wild blueberries (frozen)
· 1 cup regular unsweetened almond or oat milk (can use milk of choice)
· 2 tablespoons maple syrup
· 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ teaspoon cinnamon
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
Vanilla Icing Ingredients:
· 1 tablespoon almond milk (can use milk of choice)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 4 ramekins. Set aside.
- Add the oats, frozen blueberries, oat milk, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, maple syrup, flaxseed meal, vanilla, cinnamon, and baking powder to a blender. Blend for about 15 to 20 seconds, or until the contents are well combined and a smooth batter has formed. Option to add protein, healthy fats, and flavor - by adding a scoop of nut butter into the batter and blend for a few more minutes.
- Fill prepared ramekins with the batter, then bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the oats have risen completely.
- While the oats are baking, option to prepare vanilla icing, use a whisk to mix together the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, milk of choice, and vanilla to make the icing drizzle.
- Allow the oats to cool for a few minutes, drizzle the icing on top, and serve warm.