Vegan High Protein Mousse Cookie Bites
These easy-to-make protein mousse cookie bites are made from simple ingredients and taste just like a delicious dessert treat, plus they can be made in under 30 minutes. If you need a way to grab that quick protein and want to enjoy it in a sweet poppable treat, you have come to the right place! Perfect on-the-go or pre-workout snack!
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Chocolate Cookie Ingredients:
- ¾ cup Blanched Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ cup water
Chocolate (for drizzling)
Optional: Peanuts (crushed, for garnishing)
Mousse Filling Ingredients:
- 1 ¾ cup cashews (soaked in water for 4 hours)
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of Salt
Make Your Chocolate :
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, baking powder and salt. Add the water, fold all ingredients together until a moist cookie dough.
- Using a small cookie scooper, drop 1-2 tbsp. cookie dough on the prepared baking pan. Press down with a spatula or the palm of your hand to flatten to ¼" thick.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tops appear set. Let rest on the baking pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to the cooling rack.
Prepare Your Mousse Filling:
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender, then pulse until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag, then let it sit in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Pipe large dallops onto each cooled cookie. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate and (optional) crushed peanuts.
- Best kept in an air-tight container in the freezer (for a chewier cookie texture) or fridge (for more soft textures) for up to 5 days.