Chocolate Protein Bites
Salty, but sweet. Dessert turned post-workout snack!
- 1 cup of flour
- ¾ cup creamy almond butter (any nut butter of your choice)
- ¼ cup sugar-free syrup (see the Purecane™ recipe here)
- 1 serving protein powder (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup chocolate (can use chips or a chopped up chocolate bar)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (room temperature)
- Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- Sea salt
- ⅓ Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ⅓ Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Start by creating the Sugar-Free Syrup, set the syrup to the side and let cool.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour, optional protein powder, and cinnamon)
- Once the syrup has cooled, mix your wet ingredients into the bowl (almond butter, ¼ cup syrup, vanilla extract, and room temperature coconut oil). Keep mixing until your dough becomes thick enough to mold into balls.
- Use a tablespoon to measure your scoops, and start forming each scoop into a ball-like shape with your hands. Stick in the fridge to set while you heat the chocolate.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave or over the stovetop, ensuring not to scold or burn the chocolate by cooking for too long.
- Once the chocolate is warmed, dip each bite into the chocolate and lay on a baking sheet or serving tray to set.
- Optional: sprinkle with Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener or sea salt while the chocolate is still slightly warm.
- Place back into the fridge to set for at least 10-20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!